Our team is looking for passionate IT professionals of all levels (Associate, Mid, Senior, and Lead) to join our Operation team. This position is full time remote with a preference for candidates based in Sardinia, Italy.
You will be joining a team entrusted by all Entando departments in helping them to carry out their duties with the support of tools they need as well as improving and enhancing legacy applications and systems. A team that is committed to ensure that operations keep running smoothly across the whole enterprise while Entando is scaling up.
The ideal IT Engineer candidate will be proficient with designing, installing, and maintaining the company's computer systems and infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for testing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking systems to meet the needs of the organization (regardless if they are hardware and cloud based). The candidate may also be required to train staff and manage projects.
Work area & Type of engagement
Full time; residence somewhere in Sardinia is preferred; the organization of work can be discussed.
- Meeting with the IT manager to discuss system needs
- Installing software and networking systems.
- Troubleshooting network and software issues
- Installing high-level software security systems
- Training staff on newly installed hardware and software systems
- Fixing software, and networking issues
- Responding to general IT requests
- Ensuring security software is kept up to date
- Filing monthly reports for the IT Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field
- 5+ years IT or DevOps experience
- Good knowledge of computer hardware systems
- Familiarity with general OS systems, programming languages, and Office software
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines and with CI tools (Jenkins/Tekton/Travis/GitLab pipelines, GitHub actions, etc.)
- Knowledge of Network Protocols (TLS, DNS, HTTP, SSH, FTP), LAN and wireless networks
- Experienced in Scrum and Agile practices & tools (e.g. Jira, YouTrack)
- Experience with distributed version control (Git, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket)
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues
- Knowledge of database and networking security systems
- Fluent spoken and written English communication skills
We’ll be particularly impressed if you have
- Experience designing and installing computer hardware configurations
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture concerns (networking, high availability, clustering, etc.)
- Experience installing and configuring Kubernetes (e.g. stock k8s, Rancher, OpenShift)
- Experience on Security
- Kubernetes RBAC & Security Model, TLS, Secrets
- Knowledge of OWASP vulnerabilities database
- Keycloak & IDMS, OIDC Configuration
- Understanding of Microservice Architecture Style
- Experience with SQL database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Liquibase, Oracle, other RDBMS)
- Familiar with the Open Source lifecycle
- Comfortable with containers (e.g. Docker), Maven, NPM, JBoss, Linux (Centos, RHEL)
- Experience working directly with clients in a services or consulting capacity
- Experience with OpenShift
- Experience in Golang coding
- Experience with Java
Here are some of our perks:
- Possibility to work also remotely
- Great work-life balance
- Professional development, career development & career planning
- High caliber, high quality team
- Values-driven organization
- Innovation sessions (where we welcome ALL employee ideas)
- High impact, high visibility projects
- Open source, upstream community development
Dear candidate, by answering this job post and/or submitting your CV, you are authorizing us to process your data for potential selection and recruiting purposes only.